A easy and quick bake for the whole family to enjoy, this blackberry and pear sponge pudding recipe can be prepared ahead for the perfect dessert.
4 ripe pears – peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 tsp. mixed spice
110g caster sugar
50g plain flour
50g self-raising flour
2 tbsp. icing sugar mixed with ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Firstly, place the 4 ripe pears and 450g of blackberries into an Portmeirion for AGA Roaster.
2. Combine the sugar with the mixed spice and sprinkle over the fruit.
3. Make the sponge topping by whisking 4 eggs with 110g of caster sugar and then incorporate both the plain and self-raising flour and mix. Pour the sponge mixture over the top of the fruit and spread evenly.
4. Place the roasting dish into the Rayburn top oven set on ‘bake’ for approximately 25-30 minutes, until browned.
5. While the sponge pudding is baking, mix together the icing sugar and cinnamon.
6. Once the pear and blackberry sponge pudding is cooked sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon. Serve with a vanilla custard.
Rayburn tip: Before beginning the recipe, place vanilla custard into a jug, covered with cling film, and place into the lower oven of the Rayburn on simmering for 45 minutes - 1 hour to heat through for serving.