Buying a new electrical or electronic item from us? We'll recycle the one you’re replacing for free. Simply bring the old electrical item into an AGA Retail store within 28 days, show us the receipt for its replacement and we’ll do the rest.
You can also find local recycling points for your old electricals here:
Recycling and reusing unwanted electrical or electronics can help save the planet, boost the economy and improve lives. Not only that, electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) contains materials, parts and substances which can be dangerous to the environment and harmful to human health if not disposed of correctly.
Electrical and electronic equipment is now the fastest growing waste stream in the UK and across the world. Discover the impact of reusing and recycling your electricals here:
What can I recycle?
Anything with a plug, battery or cable can be recycled or reused! The materials from recycled electricals can be used in everything from children’s playgrounds to lifesaving equipment, while donated tech can help bridge the digital divide.
You’ll find this symbol on all your electrical items. It is a reminder to recycle your old electricals, rather than binning them.
Reducing waste electricals
• As part of our commitment to reducing the amount of unwanted electrical waste being incinerated or sent to landfill sites, we’ll recycle your old electricals free of charge when you buy new ones. Together we can stop precious resources from being lost forever, save lives and help protect the planet.
• Every year, we collect, reuse and recycle thousands of tonnes of old electrical and electronic equipment.
• We take all your old electricals to a recycling plant for processing and separate into individual materials, so they can be turned into new, more useful things.
• Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) is regulated by the UK Government. Find out more here.
• We’re proud to be working with the national Recycle Your Electricals campaign.
How does it work?
• If your item is very small, and less than 25cm on its longest side, then take it into the AGA retail store.
• If your item is larger than 25cm on its longest side, we will currently accept a like-for-like equivalent when you are purchasing a new item.
• Please make sure the item you're returning is clean and dry
Disclaimer: We reserve the right to refuse an item instore that’s too heavy to be picked up by one person or for health and hygiene reasons.
Collection service for large electrical items
We offer a collection service for large electrical appliances when you buy a new one. There is a charge for this service. Please ask in store for more details.