Our lovely friend Sassy Gregson-Williams shares her delicious Orange and Almond Bundt Cake. This lovely and simple recipe is completely free from flour making it a perfect gluten free sweet treat.
350g ground almonds
¼ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup coconut sugar
1 ½ cups cashews
½ cup water
Juice of 1 Orange
½ cup xylitol
Watch Naturally Sassy bake this delicious Orange and Bundt Cake here.
1. If you have an AGA eR7 Series cooker, turn your baking oven on to B4. Other AGA models, you will be using the baking oven for this recipe.
2. Peel the oranges and place them in a saucepan covered in water. Bring the water to the boil, then put a lid on the pan and simmer the oranges for 45 minutes until they’re very soft. Drain them and put to one side. When cool, put the oranges in a food processor and blitz to a purée.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl before adding in the ground almonds, orange puree, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Combine well.
4. Pour the mixture into a silicone Bundt cake mould, and place the bottom of the mould on a baking tray before placing in the AGA baking oven to cook for 45-50 minutes.
5. Whilst the cake cooks make the icing. Add 1 ½ cups cashews, ½ cup water, Juice 1 orange, ½ cup xylitol to your food processor. Blend until smooth. Spoon into a bowl and set to the side.
6. Once the cake is fully baked, remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the mould and placing on a cooling rack. After the cake has fully cooled, add the icing. As the icing is fairly runny I recommend placing a baking sheet underneath the cooling rack and pouring the icing over so any excess drops through. Dress with orange zest and poppy seeds, and you’re ready to serve.