Roughly translated as potatoes with an asparagus and herb dressing, this makes a fantastic side dish to simply cooked white fish.
1 teaspoon butter
750g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
½ teaspoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
165ml plain yoghurt
110ml crème fraiche
250g Quark (mascarpone or cottage cheese could be substituted)
½ -1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as dill or parsley), finely chopped
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water. Meanwhile prepare the asparagus by snapping off the woody ends at their natural breaking point.
2. Make the dressing by combining the yoghurt, crème fraiche, quark and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Add the fresh herbs and chopped onion to taste, mixing thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When the potatoes are nearly cooked, bring around 4 inches of water to a boil in the steam pot and add a pinch of salt and the butter.
4. Arrange the asparagus spears in the steamer basket, tips pointing up, and lower it into the boiling water. Cover with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes, until the spears are cooked to your liking.
5. Drain the potatoes and arrange them on a platter with the asparagus spears. Spoon over the herb dressing and serve warm or at room temperature.