Use ripe bananas for the best flavour – it does not matter if they are black on the outside! Recipe from AGA Demonstrator Dawn Roads.
Preparation time: 18 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
Total time: 68 mins.
115g butter, softened
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg, beaten
115g self raising flour
85g wholemeal flour
½ tsp baking powder
55g walnuts, chopped
- Butter and line a 500g (1lb) AGA loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
- Mix in the mashed banana and egg until even.
- Fold in the flours, baking powder and walnuts and mix until combined.
- Turn into the prepared loaf tin and smooth surface.
- Place tin in the oven
CAST OVEN: on the grid shelf on the floor of the baking oven or oven B4 setting for 50-60 minutes.
FAN OVEN: preheated to B3/160°C/275oF for 45-50 minutes.
- Insert a skewer into the centre of the loaf cake, if it comes out clean the cake is done. Cool for 15 minutes then remove from the tin and cool on a rack.
- Cut into slices, serve pain or buttered.