2 garlic cloves – crushed
1 onion – sliced
150g korma curry paste
500g small potatoes- halved
375g small carrots
375g pumpkin or butternut squash – chopped coarsely
125g baby sweetcorn
1 small cauliflower- cut into florets
250ml vegetable stock
60g ground almonds
300ml double cream (a plant based alternative can also be used)
70g flaked almonds – toasted
1 courgette – coarsely chopped
60g frozen peas
2 tsp. black onion seeds
1. Place an AGA cast-iron casserole dish in the middle of the Rayburn hotplate. Combine the butter, garlic, korma paste and onion in the casserole dish and mix and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Then place the potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, sweetcorn and cauliflower into the dish along with the vegetable stock, ground almonds and cream and mix well.
3. Leave on the Rayburn hotplate until the vegetables are heated through. Once heated, cover with a lid and place into the Rayburn lower oven on simmering for 6 hours.
4. After 6 hours remove from the oven. Add in courgette and peas, mixing into the curry.
5. Cover with a lid and place into the Rayburn top oven on roast and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cover the Rayburn hotplate with Bake-O-Glide. Place the flaked almonds on the boiling side of the hotplate to toast.Once cooked, season and sprinkle over the toasted flaked almonds and black onion seeds.
Serve with lime and coconut rice and flatbreads cooked on the hotplate.