2 garlic cloves – crushed
1 onion – sliced
150g korma curry paste
500g small potatoes- halved
375g small carrots
375g pumpkin or butternut squash – chopped coarsely
125g baby sweetcorn
1 small cauliflower- cut into florets
250ml vegetable stock
60g ground almonds
300ml double cream (a plant based alternative can also be used)
70g flaked almonds – toasted
1 courgette – coarsely chopped
60g frozen peas
2 tsp. black onion seeds
- Place an AGA cast-iron casserole dish in the middle of the Rayburn hotplate. Combine the butter, garlic, korma paste and onion in the casserole dish and mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then place the potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, sweetcorn and cauliflower into the dish along with the vegetable stock, ground almonds and cream and mix well.
- Leave on the Rayburn hotplate until the vegetables are heated through.
- Once heated, cover with a lid and place into the Rayburn lower oven on simmering for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours remove from the oven. Add in courgette and peas, mixing into the curry.
- Cover with a lid and place into the Rayburn top oven on roast and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover the Rayburn hotplate with Bake-O-Glide. Place the flaked almonds on the boiling side of the hotplate to toast.
- Once cooked, season and sprinkle over the toasted flaked almonds and black onion seeds.
Serve with lime and coconut rice and flatbreads cooked on the hotplate.