This delicious lobster mac and cheese recipe is an elegant and modern twist on a family favourite, which can be served both as a main or side dish.
400g macaroni pasta
25g plain flour
125ml semi skimmed milk
100ml dry white wine
400g Lobster bisque or cram of fish soup
125g grated mature cheddar cheese
2 tbsp. chopped chives
250g cooked tiger prawns or lobster – chopped roughly
- Firstly, bring water to a boil in an AGA Saucepot on the boiling side of the Rayburn hotplate. Once boiling add in 400g of macaroni pasta. After a couple of minutes cover the pasta with a lid and place saucepot into the lower Rayburn oven on simmer.
- Place 400g Lobster bisque or cram of fish soup into the lower Rayburn oven to heat through.
- Then place the butter, flour and milk into an AGA saucepot and cook on the hotplate, whisking all the time until it’s combined.
- Once combined whisk in the wine and the lobster bisque. Then stir in half the cheese and 1 tbsp. chives.
- Combine the sauce with the cooked macaroni and add the remaining chives and two thirds of the cooked lobster or tiger prawns, leaving some for garnish. This is your lobster mac and cheese.
- Pour the lobster mac and cheese into an AGA gratin dish and top with the remaining prawns and cheese.
- Place into the Rayburn top oven on ‘roasting’ and cook until golden and bubbling.
- Garnish with the remaining chives.
Optional: serve with toasts topped with tomato slices and garlic pesto.