AGA Demonstrator Penny Zako shares her recipe for the everyday roast potato. Perfect for Sunday roasts or Christmas dining. Suitable for vegans. Penny recommends using King Edward potatoes for this recipe.
4 tbsp. rapeseed oil
1 unwaxed lemon – zested
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
Serves 6 - 8
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into large chunks, then place in a stainless casserole and cover with cold water.
2. Bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes, drain and then leave to one side with the lid on top to steam dry a little.
3. Pour the oil into the medium depth hard anodised baking tray and place in a hot oven or the floor of the AGA roasting oven. When you hear the oil beginning to spit remove from the oven and add the par boiled potatoes.
4. Coat them in the hot oil, season with salt and pepper and zest the lemon over the top.
5. Place back into the oven, the floor of the roasting oven and cook until the potatoes begin to crisp on the underside (around 20-25 minutes).
6. Remove from the oven and turn over, sprinkle over the fresh rosemary. Return to the oven, this time the top of the AGA roasting oven and continue to cook until crispy and golden (around 20-25 minutes).