This vibrant Thai Fish Curry is surprisingly quick to whip up.
2 tbsps Thai green curry paste
2 tbsps groundnut oil
400ml coconut milk
juice and zest of 1 lime
2 tsps dark brown sugar
175ml fish stock
16 unshelled raw prawns
100g bamboo shoots
100g potato - cut into small cubes
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
1. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, then add the curry paste and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and zest, sugar and fish stock. Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
3. De-vein and shell the prawns.
4. Add the prawns, scallops, bamboo shoots and coriander to the pan.
5. Cook for a further 5 minutes and serve with some freshly steamed rice.
Tip - to cook rice place the pan of rice and water on the back corner of the right hand hot plate and it will gently cook away on it's own to give wonderful fluffy rice.