This vibrant Thai Fish Curry is surprisingly quick to whip up.
2 x 15ml Thai green curry paste (2 tbsps)
2 x 15ml Groundnut oil (2 tbsps)
400ml Coconut milk (14fl oz)
1 Lime- juice and zest
2 x 5ml Dark brown sugar (2 teasps)
175ml Fish stock (6 fl oz)
16 Unshelled raw prawns
450g Scallops (1lb)
100g Bamboo Shoots (3.5 oz)
100g potato - cut into small cubes (3.5 oz)
2 x 15ml Fresh coriander - chopped (2 tbsps.)
1. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and cook the curry paste for 5 minutes.
2. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and zest, sugar and fish stock. Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
3. De-vein and shell the prawns.
4. Add the prawns, scallops, bamboo shoots and coriander to the pan.
5. Cook for a further 5 minutes and serve with some freshly steamed rice.
Tip - to cook rice place the pan of rice and water on the back corner of the right hand hot plate and it will gently cook away on it's own to give wonderful fluffy rice.