Try this Butterfly Leg of Lamb for a classic spring lunch. A boned leg of lamb cooks quicker. Marinade the meat overnight to develop the flavourings. Delicious served with couscous and salad.
1 boned leg of lamb, about 1kg (2 lb 4 oz) final weight
2.5cm (1 inch) fresh ginger, grated
2 red chillis, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1. Place the boned lamb onto a board, open out and slice down through the thickest parts and flatten.
2. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and rub into the lamb, then place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
3. Place the lamb onto the grill rack set in its lowest position in a roasting tin.
4. Roast at 200ºC (400ºF), Gas Mark 6 in the centre of the main oven for about 30-45 minutes, or until browned on the outside but still pink in the centre.
5. When cooked allow the lamb to rest for 20 minutes before cutting into chunky slices. Serve with cous cous and a leafy salad.
Conventional cooking: Roast at 200ºC (400ºF), fan oven 180ºC, Gas Mark 6 in the centre of the oven for about 30-45 minutes.