Asparagus is low in calories and is very low in sodium. It is a good source of vitamins, iron, potassium, copper, manganese, and selenium. Enjoy this super-food with this easy AGA recipe.
125g Boursin garlic and herb cheese
320g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
1 tsp salt
125g asparagus tips
3 large free-range eggs
300ml double cream
Salt and ground white pepper
1. Allow the cheese and pastry to come to room temperature then unroll and use to line an AGA ceramic white baking tray. Prick with a fork and place in the refrigerator to chill. Place the cheese on a dish on a piece of kitchen paper at the back of the AGA to warm.
2. Bring 2 litres of water to the boil on the Boiling Plate and add the salt. Drop in the asparagus tips and bring back to the boil, uncovered. Cook for two minutes once the water has come back to the boil. Drain and refresh by plunging into plenty of cold water. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
3. Spread the Boursin cheese all over the pastry base and then arrange the asparagus tips in rows on top.
4. Place the eggs, cream in a bowl with a pinch of salt and two of white pepper. Whisk to combine and then pour over the asparagus.
5. Bake directly on the floor of the Roasting Oven for 20-25 minutes, turning the tray after 15 minutes.
Total Control AGA - As above, adding the floor grid underneath when you turn the tray.
AGA 60 - Cook for the whole time on the floor grid.