These grilled red pepper and cream cheese parcels can be made in advance, perfect for when you are entertaining and want to save time.
4 peppers – halved and grilled at the top of the Rayburn top oven set to roasting, then peeled
350g ricotta and 250g soft goat’s cheese
2 tbsp. chopped chives
1 lemon – juiced
1 garlic clove – crushed and chopped finely
- Slice the pepper in half and grill at the top of the Rayburn top oven set to roasting, then peel once cooled.
- Line each of the Portmeirion Muffin Tray holes with cling film wrap leaving an overlap. Lay the base and sides of each hole with slices of grilled peppers.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, chives, lemon and garlic and mix. Fill each muffin tray hole lined with peppers with the cheese mixture.
- Bring the overlap of the cling wrap to the centre of each parcel and twist the cling film to seal.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Roasted Walnut and Spinach Pesto
To make: blend 25g of roasted walnuts, 100g spinach leaves, 1 garlic clove, 20g parmesan cheese, 60ml olive oil and 2 tbsp. lemon juice. If a little thick mix in some water.
To serve place a spoonful of Walnut and Spinach Pesto in the centre of a plate and top with a Grilled Red Pepper and Cream Cheese parcels. Garnish the plate with remaining pesto, baby peppers and a drizzle of olive oil.