Roast potatoes are a crucial part of any roast dinner. For ones that are super-crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, try this recipe from AGA Demonstrator Penny Zako.
1kg potatoes peeled and cut in half
Sea salt flakes
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. plain flour
1. Parboil the potato chunks on the boiling plate 2-3 minutes. Drain them well and shake to roughen the edges.
2. Sprinkle with plain flour, paprika and black pepper and allow to cool completely. The potatoes can be open freeze at this point and continue to cook on the day from frozen.
3. Heat the goose fat in a roasting tin on the floor of the roasting oven.
4. Sprinkle with salt flakes and then place in a single layer into the goose fat.
5. Place the roasting tin on the second set of runners in the roasting oven roast for 25 min, turn the chips and add the rosemary sprigs and either cool and place in the fridge or return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until crisp.