If Christmas pudding isn't for you, take a look at these fabulous AGA Festive Christmas dessert alternatives. Recipes created by AGA Demonstrator Penny Zako.
275g filo pastry sheets
50g unsalted butter – melted
75g unsalted butter
115g plain chocolate – broken into pieces
115g ground almonds
115g chopped dates
75g icing sugar
10ml rose or orange water
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
Extra icing sugar, cinnamon and coco powder to dust
1. Grease an AGA Cast Aluminium Frying Pan. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl in the AGA warming oven or on the top, alternatively, if you have an AGA induction hob, you can use the melting function.
2. Stir in all the remaining ingredients and combine to form a paste, leave to cool.
3. Lay out a sheet of filo and brush with the melted butter, lay a second sheet on top and brush again with butter.
4. Roll the chocolate paste into a sausage shape and place at the edge of the filo pastry; roll the pastry tightly around. Make enough rolls to fill the pan.
5. Brush the top with butter and bake in the middle of the AGA baking oven for 30-35 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and crisp. Allow to cool and remove from the pan, dust with icing sugar, cinnamon and coco powder.