Let's think fluffy bunnies, chocolate eggs, baby chicks and Easter. If a pudding could draw a naughty line, this one would triple jump it!
Butter for greasing
6 hot cross buns, halved
5 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
12 ready to eat pitted prunes, halved
275ml (10fl oz) double cream
275ml (10fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
150g 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate
1 tbsp dark brown sugar
3 tbsp dark rum
Single cream, to serve
1. Grease a 1.7 litre/3 pint ovenproof dish butter.
2. Spread each side of the hot cross buns with the hazelnut and chocolate spread and then place 4 prune halves inside each bun. Sandwich the buns back together and then cut each bun into four and place at the bottom of the ovenproof dish.
3. Heat the cream, milk and chocolate together in a small, non-stick saucepan. Gently heat, stirring all the time. Take care not to bring the mixture to the boil. Cool slightly.
4. Beat the eggs and sugar together in a large mixing bowl and add the rum. Pour the chocolate cream over the egg mixture and stir well. Now pour the chocolate mixture over the buns and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
5. Cook in the middle of the baking oven for 30-40 minutes or until the pudding is firm in the middle.
AGA R5 Series 2 oven: Bake on the grid shelf on the floor of the roasting oven with the cold plain shelf on second runners. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until the pudding is firm in the middle.
Conventional oven: Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the pudding is firm in the middle.
If the pudding starts to catch on top, cover with a little foil or Bake-O-Glide.
Serve with single cream.