Full of flavour and easy to make, impress your friends with this deliciously moist Blueberry and Almond Cake.
225g (8 oz) butter
225g (8 oz) caster sugar
4 free range eggs, beaten
300g (10½ oz) self raising flour
100g (3½ oz) ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
225g (8 oz) fresh blueberries
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until light then gradually beat in the egg, alternating with a tablespoon of flour so the mixture does not curdle. Then fold in the remaining flour, ground almonds and baking powder.
2. Place half the creamed mixture into the tin, then cover with half the blueberries, cover with the remaining mixture then place the remaining blueberries over the top.
3. Bake in the Main Oven at 180°C (350°F) or Gas Mark 4 fourth runner down, for about one hour, until firm and golden.
4. Allow to cool for 15 minutes then remove the springform side. Cool for a further 30 minutes then turn onto a cooling rack.
5. Serve on its own or with a little cream or crème fraiche.