An excellent recipe for entertaining friends and all the more easy as it is made and cooked all in one dish, the new AGA Portmeirion Delamere Deep Roaster. Vary the cooked vegetables with any that are left-over from a previous meal.
6 free range chicken quarters, or use 6 drumsticks and 6 thighs
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, grated
4 medium red onions, each cut into 6
3 garlic bulbs, halved
1 bulb of fennel, cut into 6
150g (5½ oz) chorizo, cut into 1cm (½ inch) cubes
1 red pepper, diced
1 orange pepper, diced
150g (5½ oz) pumpkin or butternut squash, cut into 2cm (¾ inch) cubes
Salt and black pepper
1-2 tsp paprika
1 further tbsp olive oil
500g (1 lb 2 oz) cooked potatoes, cut into 2.5cm (1 inch) pieces
300g (10½ oz) cooked carrots
200g (7 oz) cooked grean beans
150g (5½ oz) pitted black olives
For the garnish:
Flat leaf parsley
1. Trim any excess fat from the chicken. Marinate the chicken pieces in the olive oil and garlic, making sure they are coated well and leave for an hour.
2. Place the onions, the halved garlic bulbs, fennel, chorizo, peppers and pumpkin into the base of the Deep Roaster, pour over 2 tbsp olive oil and turn the vegetables several times so they are all covered in oil. Place the chicken pieces on top together with any marinade. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
3. Place the roaster on the floor of the roasting oven and cook for 45 minutes until the chicken is browned. (AGA Total Control, AGA 60, AGA eR3 Series and AGA eR7 Series owners use the floor grid).
4. Remove the roaster from the oven and mix in the cooked potatoes, carrots, green beans and olives. Return to the roasting oven on the oven grid shelf set on the fourth runner down and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the vegetables are all heated through.
5. Serve at once garnished with torn leaves of flat parsley. Ideal with crusty bread to mop up the flavoursome juices!