A super recipe for mini Christmas puddings as produced by AGA Demonstrator Penny Zako.
100g glace cherries
1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
175g brown sugar
1 tbsp. marmalade
3 tbsp. brandy
300g plain flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. mixed spice
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1. Grease the Portmeirion for AGA Yorkshire Pudding & Muffin Tray or 10 small pudding moulds with butter.
2. Place all the dried fruit, cherries, butter, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, marmalade, 1 tbsp. brandy and 250ml of water into a pan and bring to the boil on the boiling plate. Then allow to cool.
3. Place the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and cocoa into a bowl. Beat the eggs and add to the cooled fruit mixture, then add the flour mixture and stir together.
4. Divide equally amongst the pudding moulds and then bake in the baking oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. Pour over the remaining brandy whilst the puddings are warm.