A delicious combination of oats, seeds and almonds, ideal for your morning cereal, sprinkled on fruit and yogurt or as a cheeky snack. Store in an airtight jar for up to a month, if it lasts that long! Works perfectly with gluten-free oats too.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 32 mins
Total time: 37 mins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 150ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g rolled or Jumbo oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 100g flaked almonds
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g raisins
- Line a large baking sheet with baking paper – you might need 2 sheets or trays.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a small saucepan on the simmering plate, hotplate on simmering setting or induction on medium until just melted – do not allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Place oats, cinnamon, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and almonds in a large bowl and stir in the butter and stir in the melted mixture until evenly mixed.
Place mixture on the prepared tin and bake
CAST OVEN: onto the grid shelf on the floor of the baking oven or oven on B4 setting
FAN OVEN: preheated to B4/160oC/325oF.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in the cranberries and raisins. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on the tray.
- Store in airtight jar for up to 1 month.