These are individual Yorkshire Puddings filled with horseradish cream topped with a slice of beef. Ideal for a substantial starter or light lunch.
For the Yorkshires:
115g (4 oz) strong plain flour, sieved
2 eggs, beaten
300ml (½ pint) milk
Pinch of salt
Oil or beef dripping
2 thick fillet steaks
1. Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs and half of the milk, whisk until all are incorporated then whisk in the remaining milk, the batter should resemble the consistency of single cream. Place into a jug and leave to stand until you are ready to use it.
2. Heat a little fat in muffin tins or bun tins on the floor of the Roasting Oven, until very hot. Whisk the Yorkshire pudding batter again then pour it into the tins.
3. Return to the Roasting Oven on the second set of runners down and cook for about 20 minutes or until risen and golden.
4. Meanwhile grill the steaks in the AGA grill pan and place to rest for 10 minutes in the Simmering or Warming Oven. (Oil the steaks before placing in a pre-heated grill pan; cook on the Boiling Plate for 1–2 minutes each side). Slice the meat.
5. Place a blob of horseradish cream onto each Yorkshire pudding then top with a slice of meat. Serve at once.