Delicious soft and crumbly biscuits with the refreshing taste of elderflower, courtesy of our friends at Belvoir Farms.
250g Caster Sugar
1tbsp Baking Powder
1 Medium Egg
2tbsp Belvoir Farm Elderflower Cordial
250g Plain Flour
1. Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and cordial. Beat again.
3. Add flour and baking powder. Mix gently until combined.
4. Put rounded teaspoons of mixture at least 2 inches apart on a lined baking tray. An alternative method is to put the mixture in a piping bag and pipe 1-inch-wide blobs.
5. Bake in the AGA baking oven on the fourth runner down or on the grid shelf on the floor of the oven for approximately 12-14 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and firm up slightly on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Many thanks to Belvoir Farms for this delicious recipe.