Literally translates as ‘little toasts’ in Italian and consists of toasted bread with delicious savoury toppings
Small narrow loaf such as a baguette
Garlic soft cheese, such as Boursin
1. Cut a small narrow loaf such as a baguette into slices, about 1 cm (½ inch) thick.
2. Spread with a garlic soft cheese, such as Boursin, top with a slice of tomato and some sliced olives, sprinkle with grated cheese and place on a piece of Bake-O-Glide on a baking tray.
3. Place direct on the floor of the roasting oven and grill for about 8-10 minutes. Serve garnished with watercress.
For more variations:
• Spread with a little pesto in place of the Boursin
• Top with tomato slice, season and cover with goats cheese
• Brush the bread both sides with olive oil and toast uncovered then serve spread with tapenade topped with Parma ham and a basil leaf