Freshly baked bread makes the kitchen smell delicious and is so easy to bake in the Rayburn Ranger®
- 300g warm water
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 50g olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 50g tomato puree
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Add yeast to warm water and mix together. Add the olive oil and tomato puree and mix well.
2. Place flour into a mixing bowl and add the yeast mixture, salt and fennel seeds. Mix together then knead either by hand or using a food mixer with dough attachment for about 10 mins.
3. Form the dough into ball, put into the bowl, cover and leave to rise in a warm place (on top of the Rayburn Ranger® hot plate lid is ideal) for about an hour until doubled in size.
4. Once risen, divide into 12 - 16 pieces, roll each one into a thin ‘sausage’ shape approx 15cms long and tie into a knot. Place the knots on a large baking tray, cover with a tea towel and set aside for 15 - 20 mins to rise again.
5. Sprinkle with flour and bake in the roasting oven for 15 mins until golden. Serve warm with a little butter or extra virgin olive oil to dip. These knots freeze well and can be defrosted at room temperature or in the warming oven for 10 - 15 mins.