This dessert is packed full of a delicious selection of fruit, nuts and chocolate to create a delicious caramel slice. It's a quick and easy bake in the Rayburn and is a total crowd pleaser.
225g plain flour
80g light muscovado sugar
100g butter – melted
50g plain chocolate – melted
120g dark muscovado sugar
2 tbsp. golden syrup
1 tbsp. double cream
400g mixed cashew, macadamia, pistachio nuts, and dried cranberries and chopped dates
Icing sugar to serve.
Prior to baking place 100g butter and chocolate in separate glass bowls and melt either on the Rayburn enamel area or in the lower Rayburn oven.
Combine the remaining butter, dark muscovado and golden syrup in another bowl and leave to melt/dissolve.
- Line the Portmeirion for AGA Roasting Tray with Bake-O-Glide.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the light muscovado sugar. Pour in the melted butter and chocolate and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the tray and press down with the back of a spoon to create a smooth, even base.
- Bake for in the Rayburn top oven set on baking for 15-20 minutes, until just starting to brown, then leave to cool whilst you make the topping.
- Take the bowl of butter, sugar and syrup from the Rayburn and mix in the double cream.
- Stir in the fruit and nuts until they’re coated in the sauce.
- Spread over the chocolate base in the roasting tray and allow to set. If it’s a little sticky return to the oven for a further ten minutes.
- Allow to cool then sprinkle with icing sugar, slice and serve.