A perfect accompaniment to an Easter feast or delicious on it's own for supper. Recipe produced by AGA Specialist Dawn Roads.
900g cauliflower florets
1 large or 2 medium leeks, thickly sliced and washed
2 roasted red peppers, from a jar, sliced
75g plain flour
900ml whole milk
Salt and black pepper
2 tsp English mustard
125g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Bring water to the boil in an AGA Stainless Steel Saucepan. When it is boiling, tip in the cauliflower florets and cook for 3 minutes then add the thickly sliced leeks. Continue to cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the florets are just tender.
2. Drain and pour into the AGA Portmeirion Roaster, scatter with the red pepper slices – reserving a few for garnish before serving.
3. Make the sauce by placing the butter, flour and milk into a large AGA non-stick cast aluminium saucepan or the sauce boat. Place on the simmering plate and, using a non-stick friendly (silicone or wooden), whisk continuously until the sauce has heated and thickened, simmer for a couple of minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the mustard and 100g of the grated cheese, taste for seasoning is to your liking. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
5. Slide the AGA Portmeirion Roaster onto the third set of runners down in the roasting oven and cook for 30-40 minutes until the top has browned and the contents are bubbling – turn the roaster around once for perfect browning if necessary.
6. Garnish with a few red pepper slices and serve piping hot.