A easy and quick bake for the whole family to enjoy, this blackberry and pear sponge pudding recipe can be prepared ahead for the perfect dessert.
4 ripe pears – peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 tsp. mixed spice
110g caster sugar
50g plain flour
50g self-raising flour
2 tbsp. icing sugar mixed with ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Firstly, place the 4 ripe pears and 450g of blackberries into an AGA Portmeirion roasting dish.
- Combine the sugar with the mixed spice and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Make the sponge topping by whisking 4 eggs with 110g of caster sugar and then incorporate both the plain and self-raising flour and mix.
- Pour the sponge mixture over the top of the fruit and spread evenly.
- Place the roasting dish into the Rayburn top oven set on ‘bake’ for approximately 25-30 minutes, until browned.
- While the sponge pudding is baking, mix together the icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Once the pear and blackberry sponge pudding is cooked sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve with a vanilla custard.
AGA tip: Before beginning the recipe place vanilla custard into a jug, covered with cling film, and place into the lower oven of the Rayburn on simmering for 45 minutes - 1 hour to heat through for serving.