To celebrate the Jewish Passover, Anne Shooter shares her traditional Passover baking skills. Try this very addictive Bounty Bar lookalike recipe adapted for baking in the AGA. Perfect for easy family baking.
Many thanks to Anne for sharing the recipe.
V, DF, GF
200g desiccated coconut
85g caster sugar
150g dark chocolate chips
85g glace cherries, halved
2 eggs, beaten
150g dark chocolate for melting
Tip: you will need a baking tray approx. 30cm x 20cm. The AGA Half Sized Hard Anodised Baking Tray is ideal, lined with greaseproof paper.
- First melt the chocolate by placing in a heatproof bowl either on the back of the AGA if warm or in the AGA simmering oven for 15 mins or AGA warming oven for 20 - 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine the coconut, sugar, chocolate chips and glaze cherries together in a bowl until well mixed then add the eggs and mix into a gooey paste.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and spread evenly, packing down firmly.
- Bake in the AGA baking oven, on the grid shelf on the floor, for 20 mins until golden brown and set.
- Remove from the oven, pour over the melted chocolate and spread over evenly.
- Leave to cool in the tin and slice into squares or fingers then store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.