Cauliflower roasted in the AGA roasting oven makes a crispy and tender dish, with harissa spice paste for flavour. Serve with the hummus dressing and finish with toasted almonds or walnuts, fresh coriander and pomegranate seeds.
Many thanks to Naomi Hansell for this delicious vegan recipe.
- A whole cauliflower, or 2 if very small, leaves removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp harissa • 150g hummus, homemade or ready made
- A lemon, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds, walnuts or walnut pieces
- A small handful fresh coriander
- 2 tsp pomegranate seeds (optional)
Serves 2 - 3 as a main dish
1. Trim the base of the cauliflower and cut a cross in it. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the whole cauliflower for 5 mins. Drain and allow to steam dry for a few minutes then place on an AGA Ruskin Baking Dish.
2. Mix 3 tbps olive oil and 2 tbsp harissa together and spoon or brush over the cauliflower. Roast in the roasting oven on the 2nd or 3rd set of runners for 45 mins.
3. Brush again with the harissa oil and roast for a further 20 mins or until the cauliflower is nicely browned.
4. While the cauliflower is cooking, prepare the hummus dressing and toasted nut topping.
5. Mix the hummus with the juice of the lemon to make a runny consistency. Taste and season with a little salt and pepper.
6. Toast the nuts by placing on a piece of Bake-O-Glide® on the simmering plate. Cook for a few minutes until lightly coloured. Set aside.
7. To serve, drizzle the hummus dressing over the top of the cauliflower and then spoon over nearly all of the remaining harissa oil.
8. Finally, sprinkle with the fresh coriander, spoon the remaining harissa oil around the base of the cauliflower and finish with the nuts and pomegranate seeds (if using).