Simple to toast on the AGA simmering plate lined with a piece of Bake-O-Glide®.
Many thanks to Naomi Hansell for this recipe.
- Sourdough bread sliced, allow 2 slices per person
- A small handful of cooked turkey, both white meat and some thigh/leg meat
- 1 tbsp shredded cooked pigs in blankets or sliced stuffing
- 1 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise mixed with 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- A few pieces or gratings of cheese - brie or Emmental works well
- Salt and pepper
Place a circle of Bake-O-Glide® on to the simmering plate.
1. Spread one side of the bread with butter or a little mayonnaise and place buttered side down on the Bake-O-Glide®.
2. Layer the toastie filling ingredients quickly and finish with the second piece of bread, again spreading the outside with a little butter or mayonnaise.
3. You can close the lid on your toastie if you wish, covering the top with a second piece of Bake-O-Glide®, to keep the inside of the lid clean.
4. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes until the bread is toasted and the cheese inside is beginning to melt.
5. Turn the toastie over carefully and toast again for a further 3 - 5 minutes.
6. Serve immediately with a little more cranberry or mayonnaise on the side - although be careful as the cheese will be hot.