Easy to bake classic brownies cook perfectly in the AGA. Fun to make them into brownie pops by dipping in melted chocolate and decorating with nuts, dried fruit or sprinkles. Many thanks to AGA Demonstrator Naomi Hansell for this lovely recipe.
- 100g good quality dark chocolate, melted (see note)
- 100g soft butter
- 100g cream cheese
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 small eggs or 2 large eggs
- 16 wooden ice lolly sticks
- 200g - 300g chocolate to melt - dark, white, milk or some of each as you prefer.
- Coloured sprinkles, chopped nuts, coconut flakes etc
1. Place all the brownie ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well. Pour into a Half Sized AGA Hard Anodised Baking Tray lined with Bake-O-Glide® and bake in the baking oven on the 4th set of runners for 20 mins or until just firm.
2. Cool in the tin then turn out and place the whole slab of brownie in the freezer for 30 mins. Cut the firm brownie slab into 24 triangles or use a cutter to create festive shapes. Insert a lolly stick into each piece and freeze again for 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate for decorating (see note). Once melted, dip the brownie pieces half way in melted chocolate then sprinkle with the chopped nuts etc.
4. Set aside on trays in a cool place or fridge on pieces of Bake-O-Glide® to cool and set.
Chocolate can be easily melted in the AGA either in a small heatproof bowl on the back of the AGA or in the simmering or warming oven for 15 mins. Be careful not to over heat chocolate as it will go ‘grainy’. Use a mug for each chocolate to make it easy for dipping.