If Christmas pudding isn't for you, take a look at these fabulous AGA Festive Christmas dessert alternatives. Recipes created by AGA Demonstrator Penny Zako.
150g ground almonds
60g ground hazelnuts
195g plain flour
135g caster sugar
1 lemon – zested
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground cloves
½ tsp. baking powder
195g cold butter
2 large egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Large jar of mincemeat
1. Mix the ground nuts with the flour and set aside.
2. Cream the butter with the sugar then add the egg yolks and vanilla.
3. Add half the flour with the lemon zest, cinnamon, cloves and baking powder followed by the remainder of flour. Mix to form a dough.
4. Roll 2/3rd into a sausage shape and the remainder into a ball and wrap both individually in cling wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
5. Cut the sausage shape into discs and line the base of the Portmeirion for AGA White Baking Tray, overlapping slightly so there’s no gaps. Spread the mincemeat over the top and then set to the side.
6. Roll out the ball of pastry and cut into strips and cover the top of the torte with a lattice style pastry layer.
7. Cook on the floor of the AGA roasting oven for 25 minutes, then move higher up to brown the top.