This easy to make baked artichoke and cheese dip is delicious served with some garlic bread, bread sticks, or just some crunchy carrots as a starter or as part of a selection of dishes this Christmas.
2 x 390g tins of artichoke hearts in water, drained and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
30g olive oil
100g sour cream
300g cream cheese
150g cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Put the artichokes and garlic in a small pan with the olive oil and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Pour into a small cast-iron casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in the AGA roasting oven for 15 mins. Serve straight from the oven with toasted bread or crunchy carrots.
- This can be prepared up to 12 hours in advance, covered and chilled then baked as needed.
- Keep chilled in the fridge to enjoy cold for up to 3 days.
Not suitable for freezing. Also delicious served cold as a vegetarian ‘pate’.