Traditional AGA 60 Electric
The AGA 60 couldn't be easier to use. With one control knob for the hotplates and another for the ovens, the cooker has been designed with simplicity in mind.
The AGA 60 couldn't be easier to use. With one control knob for the hotplates and another for the ovens, the cooker has been designed with simplicity in mind. The AGA 60's roasting/baking oven can be programmed and can have up to three events programmed per day*. They operate using a timer similar to that used for controlling a central heating programmer. This means the ovens can be timed to come on and ready to cook when you are.
*Using the optional extra AGA 60 Programmer.
How the hotplates work
The hotplate operates using a powerful heating element and can be set to either boiling or simmering setting. Around the outside of the actual hotplate is a further useable cooking area. This area can be used to simmer on when the hotplate is set to boil, and as a warming plate when the hotplate is in simmering setting. When set to boiling setting the hotplate reaches temperature in around 11 minutes from cold, while the simmering setting reaches temperature in around 8 minutes.
How the ovens work
Using the control knob on the far left of the top plate, the top oven can be set to roasting, baking or the off setting. The roasting and baking settings can be achieved from cold in around one hour. The lower simmering oven can also be up to full temperature in around one hour. The baking setting will provide a 'warm to touch' feel.
- Roast & Simmer
- Bake & Simmer
BP/SP) Boiling/Simmering plate - The boiling plate will rapidly bring water to boil for that quick pasta supper. The simmering plate heat is gentle for delicate sauces and heating milk.
1) Roasting oven - The roasting oven grills, roasts and bakes bread beautifully.
1) Baking oven - A moderate oven for baking cakes and biscuits cooking fish, lasagne or a shepherd's pie. And cooking sweet and savoury dishes together is no problem as the flavours do not mix.
2) Simmering oven - The simmering oven is ideal for slow cooking, allowing flavours to develop and making even the toughest meats tender.
UK Patent Application No 1411723.8 and EU Registered Design Applied for 002544346
VIEW HOW AN AGA 60 WORKS
OPTIONAL FEATURE - AGA 60 PROGRAMMER
To allow an additional degree of control over the AGA 60, there is an optional extra seven day programmer available to enable you to programme the AGA 60 cooker to turn on and be ready to use when required. The programmer functions as a ‘pre-heater timer’ controlling the top oven only.
- ‘Line of Text’ display, providing text feedback that gives help and programming hints
- Large backlit display
- Factory set clock and date
- Automatic Summer/Winter 1 hour time change
- Temporary or permanent override facilities
- Extra hour facility for up to 3 hours boost or programme extension
- Choice of 3 different built in programmes
- Programme indicator lights
- Any programmed settings retained indefinitely in non volatile memory
- Up to 3 on/off times per day
- 'Holiday' button
- Just 60cm wide
- Two ovens
- The top oven can be switched between baking and roasting settings
- The bottom oven is for simmering
- The hotplate can be set either to simmering or boiling
- When in boiling setting, the surrounding top plate can be used as an additional area for simmering
- When the hotplate is in simmering setting, this outer area can be used as a warming plate, for example to melt chocolate or soften butter
- Uniquely and usefully, the top plate is made up of two cast-iron half-moon pieces, which can be removed and put in the dishwasher
- The ovens will take one hour to heat up and the hotplate eight to 11 minutes
- Available in a range of beautiful colours
- All new AGA heat-storage range cookers come with a five-year parts and one-year labour warranty
The Traditional Design Style
- Traditional dome lid
- AGA badge
- Mounted on wheels for ease of installation
AGA 60 Running costs
All of our new generation of AGA cookers are designed to conserve energy, they have much more control and allow individual operation of ovens and hotplates. Patents cover these unique cast iron hoplates and ovens. These new AGA cookers consume less energy compared to other heat-storage radiant heat range cookers. The hotplates are designed to heat up within 10 to 12 minutes, we therefore reccommend that there is no need to leave the hotplates on 24/7, they will heat up very quickly when required everyday. If you do leave a hotplate on with the lid down, the boiling plate can cost 7-8 pence per hour, the simmering plate 3-4 pence per hour (based on 14p per kWh)
|Model||Mode||kWh per week||Cost based on 14p per kWh||Background kitchen warmth watts per hour (approx.)|
As tested by AGA
Hotplate ON Full (heats up within 10-12 minutes)
Hotplate On Simmer (heats up within 10-12 minutes)
|Both cast-iron ovens ON full temperature continuously, hotplate OFF||82||£11.48||490w|
|Roasting mode ON continuously||63||£8.82||375w|
|Baking mode ON continuously||50||£7.00||300w|
|Simmering oven ON continuously||20.5||£2.87||122w|
|Cooking the 7 day menu: Independent testing is underway and will be published shortly|
Seven Day Menu
The average weekly menu utilises the most efficient method of cooking. For example, turning the ovens and hotplates off when they are not required. The cost per kWh is dependent on your energy provider. Please note: all figures are typical and can vary depending on cooking methods, ambient temperatures and the use of the product.
|Day||Meal||Food Cooked||Zones used|
|Monday||Dinner||Left over meat
Jacket potatoes and vegetables
|Tuesday||Dinner||Chicken Enchiladas||Boiling Plate
|Wednesday||Dinner||Pizza and oven chips||
|Thursday||Dinner||Pasta with chicken sauce||Boiling Plate
|Friday||Dinner||Shepherds Pie and vegetables||Boiling Plate
Cooked breakfast plus kettle
Soup plus kettle
Curry, rice and Naan bread
Croissants plus kettle
Cheese on toast plus kettle
Boiling Plate and Roasting Oven
- Depth excluding handles 620mm
- Height 910mm
- Width 600mm
- Weight 223kg
- Fuel Type Electric
- Boiling Plate Yes
- Flue Type In room venting flue - electric
- Number of Ovens 2
- Simmering Plate Yes
- Simmering Oven Depth 455mm
- Simmering Oven Height 254mm
- Simmering Oven Width 349mm
- Roasting/Baking Oven Depth 455mm
- Roasting/Baking Oven Height 254mm
- Roasting/Baking Oven Width 349mm