0845 712 5207

What To Do In A Gas Emergency

Can you smell gas? Feeling ill? Headaches... nausea... dizziness?

Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

In a gas emergency act quickly and take the following safety steps:

  • Get fresh air immediately. Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room 
  • Switch off the appliance and do not use it again until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer
  • Turn off the gas supply at the mains 
  • Call the National Gas Emergency number (see below)
  • If you are feeling ill visit your seek medical advice immediately and tell them that your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Contact a Gas Safe registered engineer to check and fix the appliance.

National Gas Emergency number: 0800 111 999

Social Networks with AGA

Newsletter sign up | Join our email list to receive our latest news and offers

©2016 AGA is a trading name of AGA Rangemaster Limited. Registered in England & Wales under Registered Number 3872754. Registered Office Address - Juno Drive, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 3RG