What To Do In A Gas Emergency
Can you smell gas? Feeling ill? Headaches... nausea... dizziness?
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
In a gas emergency act quickly and take the following safety steps:
- Get fresh air immediately. Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
- Switch off the appliance and do not use it again until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer
- Turn off the gas supply at the mains
- Call the National Gas Emergency number (see below)
- If you are feeling ill seek medical advice immediately and tell them that your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning
- Contact a Gas Safe registered engineer to check and fix the appliance.
National Gas Emergency number: 0800 111 999