- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 175g (6oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cm (½ in) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g (3 ½ oz) dried medium egg noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small leek. washed and thinly sliced
- 100g (3½ oz) mangetout, trimmed
- 55g (2oz) bean sprouts
- 2-4 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp dry sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2-3 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce, or to taste
2, 3 and 4 oven AGA:
Stir fry on the Boiling Plate.
1.In a non-metallic dish, combine lemon zest and juice, coriander, half the garlic and the black pepper. Add chicken; turn to coat Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2.In a non-stick wok over a medium-high heat dry-fry sesame seeds until toasted; set aside.
3.Add oil to wok; stir-fry ginger and remaining garlic for 30 seconds. Add chicken and marinade; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet instructions; drain well and keep hot.
4.Add carrot and leek to wok; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
5.Add stock, sherry and soy sauce; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add hot noodles and sesame seeds; toss to mix well. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 20 minutes, plus 1 hour marinating time
Cooking time: 8-11 minutes